Greek life at CSUSB provides an excellent venue to gain knowledge and experience about leadership. Fraternities and sororities believe that every one of their members has the potential and ability to lead. Their role within the organization is to help develop that potential. Remember, Greek life membership does not end with your college career; from local to national levels, there is a place for everyone to benefit from the leadership opportunities that stem from Greek life. In addition, many Greek alumni are highly active at CSUSB. With their support, they help keep the Greek community at CSUSB thriving.
Greek life is a lifestyle that fosters growth and self-confidence, and judging by the facts below, some of the countries' greatest leaders took advantage of this.
- 85% percent of Fortune 500 executives are Greek.
- 85% of U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1800 have been Greek, including the first woman Justice, Sandra Day O'Connor.
- 7 out of 10 of those listed in Who's Who in America are Greek.
- 76% of all U.S. Senators and Congressmen are Greek.
- All but two U.S. Presidents since 1825 have been Greek.
- 43 of 50 of the nations' largest corporations are led by Greeks.
Go Greek and you could be next!
Top 5 Reasons Students Say They Joined the Greek Community
- Create career and networking opportunities
- Build lifelong friendships
- Receive academic support
- Enhance the community through service opportunities
- Participate in social and sports activities